Liberal Arts Colleges In India - KREA University
Undergraduate Studies - KREA University
KREA University was launched in 2018 and it had been approved the rank of State Private University by UGC. KREA University is an approaching international university. The University is located in Sri City (Chennai). The University was established via a group of academicians, intellectuals, and industrialists.
KREA University offers a wide range of courses in liberal arts and science. The courses tag along a matchless learning method which takes account of academics on top of experiential learning. The guiding principles of the set of courses are - research-based learning, immersive learning writing-intensive, historicity, ethics, interdisciplinary elements, and data analytics.
Curriculum – Subjects offered
KREA University offers a wide range of UG, PG, and doctoral programmes, such as full-time and executive MBA/PhD programmes. School of Interwoven Arts and Sciences offers BSc (Hons) and BA (Hons). In addition, it offers need-based fiscal assistance to its students all through admissions, for which students can apply subsequent to the short listing process.
The University makes available wide-ranging exposure to its students all the way through various housing councils, student councils, and student clubs. To the extent that the infrastructure and facilities are considered, it incorporates an ultra-up to date green campus outfitted in the midst of healthcare and fitness services, laundry services, AC classrooms, student common room, library with wide-ranging collections, swimming pool, and cafeterias.
About the unique facilities provides, it has scope for football, cricket, badminton, volleyball etc. With the exception of sports, krea has a saloon, open-air theatre, cafe, media lab, dispensary, laundry service, and more.
The entire faculty consists of PHDs and business experience, which make them knowledgeable not only in teaching courses from an educational viewpoint but also a real-world viewpoint. Every member of the staff here is a specialist in his or her own field. Each faculty is also a winner of an interdisciplinary approach, signifying they acquire what it takes to teach a course except their field of knowledge.
· N Vaghul :Chancellor & Member
· Hariharan Krishnan: Professor of Practice, Arts Director of Media Lab
· Prayaag Akbar: Senior Fellow, Arts and Literature
· Swarnamalya Ganesh : Assistant Professor of Practice, Arts
· Srajana Kaikini: Assistant Professor, Arts and Humanities
· Akhila Ramnarayan: Associate Professor of Practice, Literature & Arts
· Sumitra Ranganathan : Senior Assistant Professor, Arts and Humanities
· Anil Srinivasan : Associate Professor of Practice, Arts
· Kalpita Bhar Paul: Assistant Professor, Humanities and Environmental studies
· Bharath Sundaram: Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies
· Aashique Ahmed Iqbal: Assistant Professor, Humanities
Scholarship is offered to undergraduates on the basis of the yearly income of their family unit.
· Below INR 10, 00,000: Up to 100% tuition fees that may also take account of living expenses depending on genuine income and other interrelated parameters
· INR 10, 00,000 – 50, 00,000: Up to 75% tuition fees depending on real income and other interrelated parameters.
Speaking about the fee structure, Krea supports students economically. Based on the earnings of parents, Krea will make available students with the necessary amount of financial aid.
Criteria for Admission
Krea University Admissions are managed via a team of specialized admissions counselors led next to the Dean of Admissions. Faculties of Krea University will play an advice-giving role in the masterpiece of an entering class.
· Class 12 Marks – CBSE, ISC, or any other equivalent board.
· Class 10 Marks – to evaluate educational achievement in a wide range of subjects (sooner than specialization).
· Essay submission – students have to submit essays that are premeditated to weigh up the student’s personality, attentiveness, attitudes.
· On the spot essay – focusing on a case study to make sure that an applicant is ‘able to think carefully. .
· Personal interview – an Interview by way of a panel of staff/admissions personnel.
· Letters of reference – 1 letter from an educator; 1 from a referee outside the institution who has made a difference in the candidate’s life.
· Parent letter – 1 letter from the parent affirming their hopes for their youngster
· Krea has got a partnership with Nottingham Trent University, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, Utrecht Summer School (Netherlands).
· KREA University has come up with its exclusive interwoven learning procedure facilitating deep proficiency in selected concentrations with open based awareness
· University has educational partnership in the company of James Cook University, University College Cork, Ireland
· Students will also be exposed to a variety of co-curricular activities, such as seminars, lectures, performances, recitals via approaching/ well-known scholars and artistes
· Krea University signed partnership amid The Dalai Lama Center for Ethics and Transformative Values to twist jointly the moral principles into university’s curriculum
· It has a partnership amid “Yunus Center” Dhaka, Bangladesh to arrange a Yunus Social Business Centre(Krea), which will add to the learning experience meant for students at Krea University
· Krea students have a prospect to apply and learn at King’s College London UG Summer School. Students can choose interim modules all through their summer break
The Career Services Office (CSO) attempts to make an arrangement for real-world internship and immersion opportunities intended for UG students. It is Krea University’s well-built confidence that students learn more as a result of immersing themselves in a ‘real world’ learning surroundings, which will be accomplished as a result of creating more opportunities amid the real world and the class room. To accomplish this prerequisite, students necessitate taking up internships or projects at some stage in summer breaks.
Krea University’s visualization is to deal with the challenges and opportunities of the latest century, and set a worldwide benchmark in higher education in the approaching years.