HEC Paris has been recognized for its high-quality education, high-caliber faculty, and strong career services. The business school has a variety of executive education programs for professionals who are looking to advance their careers at work or in life. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in business, finance, management, international management, entrepreneurship, and law. Students are given access to top professors, lectures, courses, events, networking opportunities, and international experiences at HEC.
HEC Paris MBA upcoming deadlines for January 2023 Intake:
Application Deadline 1: 1 January 2022
Application Deadline 2: 1 March 2022
Application Deadline 3: 1 April 2022
Application Deadline 4: 1 May 2022
Application Deadline: 1 June 2022
Application Deadline: 15 August 2022
Application Deadline: 15 September 2022
Application Deadline: 15 October 2022
HEC MBA Application final Deadline: 15 November 2022
Application Essays Analysis for HEC Paris MBA application:
1. Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? 500 words - GOALS ESSAY
2. What do you consider your most significant life achievement? 250 words - LEADERSHIP ESSAY
3. Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you. 250 words - SITUATION BASED
4. Imagine a life entirely different from the one you now lead, what would it be? 250 words - PERSONAL ESSAY
5. One of the following essays: 250 words - PERSONAL ESSAY
a) What monument or site would you advise a first-time visitor to your country or city to discover, and why?
b) Certain books, movies or plays have had an international success that you believe to be undeserved. Choose an example and analyse it.
c) What figure do you most admire and why? You may choose from any field (arts, literature, politics, business, etc).
6. Optional Essay 900 words
HEC Established Year: 1881
College Type: Private Business School
Weighted Package: US$ 168436
Current Package: US$ 170837
HEC MBA Tuition Fees: € 78,000
HEC Global MBA FT Rank: 7
HEC FT Research Rank: 20
HEC Scholarships: Merit-based scholarships are available.
Qualifying Test: GMAT or GRE
Overall Satisfaction according to Financial Times: 9.25
Rank for Value of Money according to Financial Times:15
HEC Paris MBA is a 16 month programme which is an ideal timeline because students of the HEC MBA gain all the same benefits from a two year programme without away from the workforce for long.
Book a profile discussion with an experienced MBA admission consultant at GOALisB to apply to the HEC Paris MBA & EMBA.
Top 5 reasons to choose HEC Paris MBA:
A top 5 university worldwide for the number of alumni holding CEO positions in Fortune Global 500 companies
Over 40 international partner schools
60+ Specialization and Elective courses
Double degrees with CUHK, Tsinghua Uni Beijing, National University of Singapore, LSE, MIT Sloan School of Management, NYU, and more
60% international faculty; 85% international students
Top 5 reasons to choose the HEC Paris EMBA:
Study tracks in Paris, Shanghai, Beijing, St. Petersburg or Doha Short part-time modular programme.
Develop an individual project or business plan, Company audit project
Scholarships for Entrepreneurs and NGO employees
8 specialisations including Aerospace & Aviation, Reinventing Business for Emerging Markets, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Luxury and Energy
5 different locations: Paris, Beijing, Shanghai, St Petersburg (dual degree with the Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg University) and Doha, the same curriculum
What makes the HEC MBA so special?
The unique part about the HEC MBA programme is the "customise phase" which is spread over the last two terms. The customise phase extends for eight months of the HEC MBA where students tailor the MBA according to their post MBA career objectives.
What is the difference between the two intakes at HEC Paris?
HEC Paris has two intakes - January and September.
For the January intake, the fundamental phase of the HEC MBA program remains the same. However during the customised phase the timing of the specialisations are different. The specialisations are offered in term three, rather than in term four. If a student started in September, they can take courses with those who started their HEC MBA in January and vice versa.
What is the career assistance that HEC MBA provides?
Students at HEC MBA are assigned a career and corporate development manager who organise different workshops, sessions, help the students with their CV, their job search strategy and interview preparation.
What is the alumni network of HEC MBA like?
HEC MBA has a strong network of alumni around the world of approximately 60,000 members.
What is the HEC MBA fees?
The tuition fees for the 16 month HEC MBA programme is 76,000 euros.
Every MBA School looks for certain values in the applicants. These are very close to what the school stands for. This again is very different for every school. Additionally, these values are the ones which help them decide a suitable fit.
As we review essays for HEC Paris MBA we keep a close lookout for adherence to the vision of the school.
1. Diversity: The HEC Paris MBA boasts of a global community of 60,000 Alumni in 135 countries. The Motto of the school is “Learn to dare” and its vision is “Tomorrow is our business”.
2. Entrepreneurship Focus: HEC has established an Alumni Ventures group headed by Guillaume de Pommereau who is a 22 years experienced CFO in various industries and Finance Director of Hitachi Europe Ltd in the UK. He has had an experience of launching a start-up in 2007 which lasted 2 years before running out of cash. It is worthwhile for any prospective student to keep in mind that the HEC Alumni Ventures targets to help 100 start-ups in 5 years. The team comprises:
a) Penelope Liot who is an aspiring entrepreneur, currently in charge of marketing in the start-up Lima.
b) Jeev Sahoo - an entrepreneur who has founded EzeeHop (www.ezeehop.com) and in an active investor.
c) Emma Li who graduated with a major in Entrepreneurship and is currently a private equity professional at Actis.
3. Focus on Social Responsibility: HEC Paris has a specific focus on social responsibility. HEC has established the Society & Organizations Center (SnO) which is a center of excellence which entails the community outreach activities of HEC Paris.
The SnO, studies the social and economic impact made by businesses, especially under the "Movement for Social Business Impact" created in 2016 with the support of Danone, Renault, Schneider Electric, Veolia and Sodexo.
The latest research undertaken by the organisation involves study of how the financial markets perceive the environmental and societal dimensions of business activities, to the returns derived from various experiments involving innovations addressed to the lowest-income consumers, as well as access to essential services such as water or transportation.
4. Digital Innovation: There is a categorical focus on digital innovation by the school. The school uses this approach in education of students and to facilitate teaching and research. It also proactively used for interaction with the business community and forge partnerships.
Get in touch with an MBA admission consultant at GOALisB to discuss your profile.