How to apply to ISB MBA?
Updated: an hour ago
Some Facts about ISB MBA application process for the one year fully residential PGP program:
Eligible work experience range: 2 - 20 years
Course Duration: 12 months
The school has introduced online learning system for the class of 2021 at ISB MBA. ISB PGP started the online O Week on 31st May 2020.
The O Week for the class of 2021 spans at 2 weeks this year. Once ISB PGP starts on-campus classes in September an extended O week shall be conducted on campus.
Additionally the ISB MBA students are getting a chance to collaborate with the professors in the JUMPSTART INDIA project. Jumpstart India collaborates with the current students to propose solutions to the disruptions in the economy caused by the COVID crisis. This is the real chance to create an impact and see the ground realities of complex decisions. Well, this is life at ISB. Transformation as usual.
SEAL and LEAD at ISB conduct regular interactions with the students of the class of 2021 during the O week of the online duration at ISB MBA. Online simulations in strategy and marketing engage the student teams in creating a market situation and maximise profits. Quite the Life at ISB as usual!
Financial analysis, marketing and managerial economics are the some courses which will be taken up during two term over three months. The class of 2021 O week shall continue till 15th June.
The faculty at ISB engaged in industry research have invited ideas from current students to design solutions and case studies for the real world problems.
The Experiential Learning Projects shall be held after the placements this year. and the Jumpstart India experience will add value to the students for the placement season.
War cries, talent night, strategy games, shark tank form a part of the life at ISB during the online O Week for the ISB MBA class of 2021.
The duration of the ISB MBA has tentatively been extended til August 2021 for the ISB MBA Class of 2021.
The hybrid model of the ISB MBA is expected to be continued over the coming years.
We have compiled a brief list of criteria that the school looks for in an ISB MBA application. These criteria have been subtly validated time and again over the years. There is no doubt that the institution is one which prepares you to perform beyond excellence. The selection criteria for ISB MBA are such that a natural selection of people capable of such a performance takes place.
Let's evaluate the criteria for ISB MBA application :
1. Leadership Skills: This is a term that we hear everyday about ISB MBA admissions - Leadership Skills. A professional who conveys such an aptitude through ample experiences stands a good chance in the ISB admissions process.
2. Professional Growth and Excellence: The ISB MBA applicant CV should demonstrate a degree of professional growth in the career graph.
3. Academic Excellence: ISB MBA is an academically rigorous course. Academic excellence is the substantiated capability to perform, achieve, and excel in scholastic activities. Academic excellence like achieving high grades and proving superior performance is therefore an important criteria that your ISB MBA application must demonstrate. Your GMAT score or the GRE Score, grades in college, certifications to advance your career are all an integral part of this demonstration. This is even more important for ISB as the MBA applicant must have enough steam to excel in the rigorous academic curriculum at ISB and still be able to focus on all the activities that the campus has in store. The year at ISB shall be full of industry interaction events and clubs in which the students are coordinators and participants.
4. Communication Skills: Communication skills are extremely important for any leader. Effective communication comprises listening actively, empathising, receiving and giving feedback, adapting the communication style according to the audience, respect and responsiveness.
5. Short Term and Long Term Goals: An MBA from ISB is quite a huge investment, as an investor it must be very clear to the MBA applicant what he is looking at from the MBA course.
6. Involvement in the Society: Individuals who are passionate and walk that extra mile to make a difference around them are potential ISB MBA applicants.
7. Diversity: ISB MBA values diversity. Exposure to multicultural team environment is a value addition to an MBA application.
These are aspects of leaders in the past which have been evaluated time and again and listed. These have been adopted by schools like ISB for MBA admissions to identify potential leaders to groom through the world class curriculum and faculty. If you are contemplating an ISB application build a list of checkpoints on the criteria above. This is the first step to determine whether you are a fit for an ISB PGP / ISB PGPpro / ISB YLP application.