How is ISB Hyderabad for MBA aspirants?
Updated: Oct 16, 2020
Some Facts about ISB MBA application process for the one year fully residential PGP program:
Eligible work experience range: 2 - 20 years
Course Duration: 12 months - 52 weeks
GMAT score range for ISB MBA is 600 to 780
GRE score range for ISB MBA is 311 to 335.
The school has introduced online learning system for the class of 2021 at ISB MBA. ISB PGP started the online O Week on 31st May 2020.
The O Week for the class of 2021 spans at 2 weeks this year. Once ISB PGP starts on-campus classes in September an extended O week shall be conducted on campus.
Additionally the ISB MBA students are getting a chance to collaborate with the professors in the JUMPSTART INDIA project. Jumpstart India collaborates with the current students to propose solutions to the disruptions in the economy caused by the COVID crisis. This is the real chance to create an impact and see the ground realities of complex decisions. Well, this is life at ISB. Transformation as usual.
SEAL and LEAD at ISB conduct regular interactions with the students of the class of 2021 during the O week of the online duration at ISB MBA. Online simulations in strategy and marketing engage the student teams in creating a market situation and maximise profits. Quite the Life at ISB as usual!
Financial analysis, marketing and managerial economics are the some courses which will be taken up during two term over three months. The class of 2021 O week shall continue till 15th June.
The faculty at ISB engaged in industry research invites ideas from current students to design solutions and case studies for the real world problems.
The Experiential Learning Projects and the Jumpstart India experience will add value to the students for their career development.
War cries, talent night, strategy games, shark tank form a part of the life at ISB during the online O Week for the ISB MBA class of 2021.
The hybrid model of the ISB MBA is expected to be continued over the coming years.
We have compiled a brief list of criteria that the school looks for in an ISB MBA application. These criteria have been subtly validated time and again over the years. There is no doubt that ISB is a leading institution in India offering a one year MBA for working professionals and prepares MBA graduates to perform beyond excellence. The selection criteria for ISB MBA are such that a natural selection of people capable of such a performance takes place.
Let's evaluate the criteria for ISB MBA application :
1. Leadership Skills: This is a term that we hear everyday about ISB MBA admissions - Leadership Skills. A professional who conveys such an aptitude through ample experiences stands a good chance in the ISB admissions process.
2. Professional Growth and Excellence: The ISB MBA applicant CV should demonstrate a degree of professional growth in the career graph.
3. Academic Excellence: ISB MBA is an academically rigorous course. Academic excellence is the substantiated capability to perform, achieve, and excel in scholastic activities. Academic excellence like achieving high grades and proving superior performance is therefore an important criteria that your ISB MBA application must demonstrate. Your GMAT score or the GRE Score, grades in college, certifications to advance your career are all an integral part of this demonstration. This is even more important for ISB as the MBA applicant must have enough steam to excel in the rigorous academic curriculum at ISB and still be able to focus on all the activities that the campus has in store. The year at ISB shall be full of industry interaction events and clubs in which the students are coordinators and participants.
4. Communication Skills: Communication skills are extremely important for any leader. Effective communication comprises listening actively, empathising, receiving and giving feedback, adapting the communication style according to the audience, respect and responsiveness.
5. Short Term and Long Term Goals: An MBA from ISB is quite a huge investment, as an investor it must be very clear to the MBA applicant what he is looking at from the MBA course.
6. Involvement in the Society: Individuals who are passionate and walk that extra mile to make a difference around them are potential ISB MBA applicants.
7. Diversity: ISB MBA values diversity. Exposure to multicultural team environment is a value addition to an MBA application.
These are aspects of leadership which have been evaluated time and again and enlisted. These have been adopted by schools like ISB for MBA admissions to identify potential leaders to groom through the world class curriculum and faculty. If you are contemplating an ISB application build a list of checkpoints on the criteria above. This is the first step to determine whether you are ready to submit your ISB PGP / ISB PGPpro / ISB YLP application.
Long Term ROI Benefits That Will Inspire You to Pursue an ISB MBA. How is ISB Hyderabad placements?
Established in 2001, the Indian School of Business is distinguished for its reputed Management Programs. With its campuses located at Hyderabad and Mohali, the institute has collaborations with several International Business Schools and offers Post Graduate Programs (PGP) along with short term courses.
The competition for the ISB MBA entrance is fierce and the high price of ISB MBA fees never looks a determent for the applicants. Out of the 4000 students that apply for the ISB MBA every year on an approximate, only 22% get selected. ISB MBA candidates are offered admits based on their GMAT score, academic and professional background.
Such tough competition arises a question in most aspirants – Is ISB MBA worth all the competition and the ISB fees worth its while?
And the answer from the industry experts is a big Yes!
Sounds interesting, doesn't it?
Move on to know about Long Term ROI Benefits that will inspire you to pursue an ISB MBA.
Myriad options with World-class Syllabi and Faculty
ISB Hyderabad offers multiple programs in Management streams such as PGP, PGPMAX, PGPPro, CEE, AMP’s, and FPM.
The curriculum of ISB has been set up to give students international exposure at various levels. ISB MBA also hires faculties who have experience working in leading International Business schools abroad.
Lucrative ISB Placements. How is ISB Hyderabad placements?
ISB MBA graduates enjoy an edge over other MBA graduates both in on-campus and off-campus ISB placements. The ISB placement cell invites various International and National level reputed companies.
In the past academic year, the Institute invited over 231 reputed companies for the final campus ISB placement out of which 65 companies were first-time visitors.
The average salary package offered in ISB placements is recorded as INR 26.15 LPA and the highest salary package offered is INR 70 LPA.
ISB placement notices a rapid increase in the percentage of offers offered to students. Besides, the packages offered to 2020 graduates in the ISB placements witnessed a spike of as much as 124% compared to the last year.
ISB MBA graduates have the advantage of getting jobs with higher salaries even after 6 – 12 months of graduation.
Is ISB Hyderabad worth it?
Yes, for the following reasons:
Tie-ups with Global Institutions
ISB Hyderabad has collaborated with several top management schools such as Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, Wharton School of Management, and London Business School. This is the reason why ISB students get an International MBA experience while studying in India.
Furthermore, ISB Hyderabad works closely with corporate partners and has 10 research centers across areas like analytical finance, healthcare management, and infrastructure management which gives complete exposure to MBA students across industries.
Home for Entrepreneurs
The alumni of ISB MBA are known for venturing into their own businesses. “25% of students who graduated before 2007 are now involved in start-ups. Overall 500 companies have been started by ISB alumni” - says Mr.Rajendra Srivastava, the Dean of Indian School of Business.
Summing it Up
ISB Hyderabad becomes the youngest institution to be placed in Global MBA Rankings in the year 2008 and secured the 20th place. Since ISB accepts the GMAT score, it provides an opportunity for candidates who seek admission abroad. That way, an ISB MBA helps them to get a high-quality education at a comparatively low cost, ultimately benefitting to establish a solid career in Business Management.