HEC Paris has been recognized for its high-quality education, high-caliber faculty, and strong career services. The business school has a variety of executive education programs for professionals who are looking to advance their careers at work or in life. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in business, finance, management, international management, entrepreneurship, and law. Students are given access to top professors, lectures, courses, events, networking opportunities, and international experiences at HEC.
Does HEC Paris have MBA?
Yes, HEC Paris (Haute École de Commerce de Paris) offers an MBA (Master of Business Administration) program. The HEC MBA is a full-time program that lasts for one year and is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of aspiring business leaders. The program is taught in English and offers a range of specializations, including finance, marketing, and strategy.
The HEC MBA program is highly regarded and is consistently ranked among the top MBA programs in the world. It attracts top students from around the globe and has a strong alumni network. The program is designed to be rigorous and immersive, and it combines classroom learning with hands-on experience through case studies, team projects, and internships.
If you are interested in pursuing an MBA at HEC Paris, you will need to meet the admissions requirements and submit a strong application package that includes transcripts, test scores, essays, and letters of recommendation. The school receives a large number of applications. The admissions process is competitive. However, with hard work and a strong application package, it is possible to be accepted into the HEC MBA program.
Is HEC MBA hard to get into?
The admissions process for the MBA program at HEC Paris (Haute École de Commerce de Paris) is competitive, and the school typically receives a large number of applications from well-qualified candidates. The admissions committee will consider various factors in evaluating applicants, including their academic background, work experience, GMAT or GRE scores, and essays. Other considerations may include the candidate's leadership potential, international experience, and overall fit with the HEC Paris community.
To increase your chances of being accepted into the HEC MBA program, it is important to have a strong application package that showcases your skills and experiences. This may include a solid academic record, relevant work experience, strong test scores, and well-written essays that demonstrate your fit with the HEC Paris program and your goals for the future.
Overall, it is not easy to get into the HEC MBA program, but with hard work and a strong application package, it is possible to be accepted. It may also be helpful to research the school's admissions criteria and to get in touch with current students or alumni to get a better understanding of the admissions process and what the school is looking for in applicants
You can also check other Europe MBA options like INSEAD MBA
What are the deadlines for HEC Paris MBA 2023-2024 Intake ?
HEC Paris MBA upcoming deadlines for September 2023 and January 2024 Intake:
November 15, 2022
January 15, 2023
February 15, 2023
March 13, 2023
April 10, 2023
May 15, 2023
June 12, 2023
Application Essays Analysis for HEC Paris MBA application:
1. Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? 500 words - GOALS ESSAY
2. What do you consider your most significant life achievement? 250 words - LEADERSHIP ESSAY
3. Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you. 250 words - SITUATION BASED
4. Imagine a life entirely different from the one you now lead, what would it be? 250 words - PERSONAL ESSAY
5. One of the following essays: 250 words - PERSONAL ESSAY
a) What monument or site would you advise a first-time visitor to your country or city to discover, and why?
b) Certain books, movies or plays have had an international success that you believe to be undeserved. Choose an example and analyse it.
c) What figure do you most admire and why? You may choose from any field (arts, literature, politics, business, etc).
6. Optional Essay 900 words
HEC Paris MBA Key Facts
HEC Established Year: 1881
College Type: Private Business School
Weighted Package: US$ 168436
Current Package: US$ 170837
HEC MBA Tuition Fees: € 78,000
HEC Global MBA FT Rank: 11
HEC Scholarships: Merit-based scholarships are available.
Qualifying Test: GMAT or GRE
Overall Satisfaction according to Financial Times: 9.25
Rank for Value of Money according to Financial Times:15
You can also check other US MBA options like Stanford MBA
FT MBA Ranking 2022
Overall Rank: 11 (2022) and Overall Rank 17 in 2023
· School Name: HEC Paris
· Salary percentage increase: 124
· FT research rank: 43
· Rank in 2021: 7
· Rank in 2020: 9
· Three-year average rank: 9
· Location, by primary campus: France
· Salary today (US$): 168,012
· Careers service rank: 67
· Employed at three months (%): 93 (92)
· Female faculty (%): 30
· Female students (%): 34
· International course experience rank: 9
· Extra languages: 2
· Environmental, social and governance rank: 26
· Overall Satisfaction: 9.28
· Weighted salary (US$): 165,558
· Value for money rank: 21
· Aims achieved (%): 89
· Alumni recommend rank: 15
· Women on board (%): 42
· International faculty (%): 64
· International students (%): 95
· International board (%): 83
· International mobility rank: 7
· Faculty with doctorates (%): 95
· Career progress rank: 8
What is the admission process at HEC Paris ?
Admission Process HEC Paris MBA
1. Online Application
2. Short listing of Application
3. Two Interview
4. Official Notification of Admission
5. Scholarship Decision
HEC does not have an absolute requirement for the number of years of work experience, yet along with an undergraduate degree, we strongly encourage at least 2 years of professional experience. The application form will be considered ready if the following information/documents are provided at the time of final form submission.
1. Complete Online Application
3. Two Recommendations
4. Updates Professional Resume in English
5. Passport Size Photo
6. Academic Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
7. Passport Copy
8. Official GMAT or GRE scores (GMAT Code: 0TL-6C-28 & GRE Code 0649)
9. TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS/Cambridge English Exam/PTE (TOEFL: 0649)
10. Non-refundable fees: €200
HEC Paris MBA – Key Figures
Permanent Professors: 140
Nationalities among faculty: 25
Partner university worldwide: 30+
HEC Paris Alumni are CEOs, CFOs or have founded their own companies: 4000
Alumni-organized event every year: 1,000
International Alumni Chapter: 80
Professional Clubs for Alumni: 60
HEC Paris MBA is a 16 month program which is an ideal timeline because students of the HEC MBA gain all the same benefits from a two year program without away from the workforce for long.
You can also check other US MBA options like MIT SLOAN MBA
Top 5 reasons to choose HEC Paris MBA:
A top 5 university worldwide for the number of alumni holding CEO positions in Fortune Global 500 companies
Over 40 international partner schools
60+ Specialization and Elective courses
Double degrees with CUHK, Tsinghua Uni Beijing, National University of Singapore, LSE, MIT Sloan School of Management, NYU, and more
60% international faculty; 85% international students
Register here to book your meeting
What makes the HEC MBA so special?
The unique part about the HEC MBA program is the "customize phase" which is spread over the last two terms. The customize phase extends for eight months of the HEC MBA where students tailor the MBA according to their post MBA career objectives.
What is the difference between the two intakes at HEC Paris?
HEC Paris has two intakes - January and September.
For the January intake, the fundamental phase of the HEC MBA program remains the same. However during the customized phase the timing of the specialisations are different. The specializations are offered in term three, rather than in term four. If a student started in September, they can take courses with those who started their HEC MBA in January and vice versa.
What is the career assistance that HEC MBA provides?
Students at HEC MBA are assigned a career and corporate development manager who organise different workshops, sessions, help the students with their CV, their job search strategy and interview preparation.
What is the alumni network of HEC MBA like?
HEC MBA has a strong network of alumni around the world of approximately 60,000 members.
You can also check other US MBA options like Wharton MBA
What is the HEC MBA fees?
The tuition fees for the 16 month HEC MBA program is 87,000 euros.
Every MBA School looks for certain values in the applicants. These are very close to what the school stands for. This again is very different for every school. Additionally, these values are the ones which help them decide a suitable fit.
What is HEC Paris MBA Class Profile Like ?
The MBA class of 2023 at HEC Paris has around 350 candidates. The average Work Experience of the batch is around 6 years. The details of the class of 2023 is given below.
HEC Paris MBA Class of 2023
· Total Candidates : 348
· Female : 33%
· International Participants: 95%
· Average Age: 30
· Nationalities: 67
· Average GMAT: 690
· Average Work Experience: 6 Years
HEC Paris MBA Cost
September 2023 Tuition Fees
Initial Deposit: € 9,000
1. € 40,000
2. € 38,000
Total fees: € 87,000
Other Estimated Expenses for 16 Months
· Accommodation: € 9,925
· Books: € 1,000
· Meals: € 6,000
· Miscellaneous: € 3,200
· Transportation: € 4,700
· Total: € 24,825
As we review essays for HEC Paris MBA we keep a close lookout for adherence to the vision of the school.
1. Diversity: The HEC Paris MBA boasts of a global community of 60,000 Alumni in 135 countries. The Motto of the school is “Learn to dare” and its vision is “Tomorrow is our business”.
2. Entrepreneurship Focus: HEC has established an Alumni Ventures group headed by Guillaume de Pommereau who is a 22 years experienced CFO in various industries and Finance Director of Hitachi Europe Ltd in the UK. He has had an experience of launching a start-up in 2007 which lasted 2 years before running out of cash. It is worthwhile for any prospective student to keep in mind that the HEC Alumni Ventures targets to help 100 start-ups in 5 years. The team comprises:
a) Penelope Liot who is an aspiring entrepreneur, currently in charge of marketing in the start-up Lima.
b) Jeev Sahoo - an entrepreneur who has founded EzeeHop (www.ezeehop.com) and in an active investor.
c) Emma Li who graduated with a major in Entrepreneurship and is currently a private equity professional at Actis.
3. Focus on Social Responsibility: HEC Paris has a specific focus on social responsibility. HEC has established the Society & Organizations Center (SnO) which is a center of excellence which entails the community outreach activities of HEC Paris.
The SnO, studies the social and economic impact made by businesses, especially under the "Movement for Social Business Impact" created in 2016 with the support of Danone, Renault, Schneider Electric, Veolia and Sodexo.
The latest research undertaken by the organisation involves study of how the financial markets perceive the environmental and societal dimensions of business activities, to the returns derived from various experiments involving innovations addressed to the lowest-income consumers, as well as access to essential services such as water or transportation.
4. Digital Innovation: There is a categorical focus on digital innovation by the school. The school uses this approach in education of students and to facilitate teaching and research. It also proactively used for interaction with the business community and forge partnerships.
Placements Statistics Pre MBA and Post MBA
Overall Mean Salary
Year 2019: $128,206
Year 2020: $118,797
Year 2021: $128,628
Pre MBA Sector Post MBA Sector
Consulting: 15% Consulting: 16%
Consumer Packaged Goods: 9% Consumer Packaged Goods: 3%
Energy & Utilities: 6% Energy & Utilities: 3%
Financial Services: 20% Financial Services: 17%
Govt./NGO/Education: 5% Govt./NGO/Education: 4%
Healthcare: 7% Healthcare: 5%
Manufacturing: 11% Manufacturing: 3%
Media & Entertainment: 2% Media & Entertainment: 2%
Real Estate: 3% Real Estate: 1%
Retail & Luxury: 5% Retail & Luxury: 9%
Technology: 16% Technology: 36%
Transportation: 1% Transportation: 1%
Pre MBA Function Post MBA Function
Consulting: 20% Consulting: 21%
Financial Services: 19% Financial Services: 17%
General Management: 13% General Management: 14%
Human Resources: 1% Data Analyst: 2%
Information Technology: 7% Information Technology: 3%
Marketing/Sales: 22% Marketing/Sales: 21%
Operations & Logistics: 11% Operations & Logistics: 15%
Project Management: 4% Business Development: 4%
Other: 3% Other: 3%